How to Declare a Proxy
What’s a Proxy?
/ präksē /
the authority to represent someone else.
examples: “I’m here to pay on behalf of Mr. Pat Henry” || “They may register to vote by proxy”
synonyms: deputy, representative, substitute, delegate, agent, surrogate, stand-in, attorney, go-between
Who should I declare as a Proxy?
Proxy access may be granted by a current E&H student to anyone they trust with their college billing, financial aid award and scholarship information. Usually this is one or more of the following:
- Legal Guardian(s)
Bear in mind this is confidential information about you as an current E&H student, and should only be shared with those whom you trust and have a right or need to access this information. Ultimately, this decision rests with you.
Who can declare Proxies?
Only current E&H Students may declare one or more proxies the ability to access the student’s academic, billing, and aid information. A student has the ability to grant access to all information, or may choose to grant access only to certain information as needed.
How do I declare one or more Proxies?
- Login to Self-Service formerly known as WebAdvisor
- Select “View/Add Proxy Access” in the drop-down under your name in the top right corner.
- Add your proxy's information (including SSN). Select the level of access you wish to grant your proxy for both Financial Aid and Billing related information.
Proxy Declaration Form:
- Click Submit, then Continue or Cancel to finalize your Proxy addition.
- Nice work! You're all done setting up a proxy. Set as many as you need.